PuraStat® fits requirements for a hemostat in endoscopy and enables precise work in a narrow space. It is inert, transparent, deliverable through endoscopic applicator, non-adhesive and not clogging.
For application within gastro-enterology, PuraStat® is indicated1 for
- Achieving haemostasis in bleeding from small blood vessels and oozing from capillaries of the GI tract following surgical procedures [when haemostasis by ligation or standard means is insufficient or impractical]
- Reduction of delayed bleeding following gastrointestinal endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) procedures in the colon.
Important Note: The IFU-002 rev2.1 is currently approved only in Europe. The current IFU outside of Europe depends on the registration status. The approved indication can differ in your country, please contact 3-D Matrix if you need any additional information on device indication.
“In addition to its efficacy in stopping bleeding, we found more advantageous properties of [PuraStat]*, especially during endoscopic surgery. First, [PuraStat]* is a clear material. It does not block the field of view, which is particularly important during endoscopic surgery. Second, [PuraStat]* is applied as a solution and only gelates when in contact with body fluids, making it easy to apply.”2*In this study the name PuraMatrix is erroneously used instead of PuraStat
“PuraStat® is very easy to deliver and to handle. PuraStat stops oozing and slows down brisk bleeds. It is a transparent gel which does not compromise endoscopic views after application as compared to other spray powders. This allows endoscopist to apply additional haemostatic therapy if necessary. The standard therapy for haemostasis control such as electrocautery introduces a thermal injury to the bowel wall and carries the risk of causing perforation. Furthermore, it requires precise targeting of the bleeding vessel which can be very difficult during active bleeds.”3
The added value of PuraStat® in GI procedures
- Ready-to-use, no preparation required
- PuraStat® is easy to apply during endoscopic procedures and it does not clog the lumen of the applicator or endoscope
- It is suited for use in delicate/hard to reach areas since it is fluid and can flow into tiny niches, even between placed clips
- PuraStat® covers well uneven surfaces
- It can be used in combination with electro-surgical coagulation forceps and clips. Both can be used even after application of PuraStat®
- Transparency of PuraStat® maintains a clear view, increasing accuracy, which is important during endoscopic surgery
- Can be used repetitively during the same procedure at the beginning, middle and end of the procedure
- Second application of PuraStat® is possible and easy
- “PuraStat works also in patients with prolonged prothrombin time”4